Geosteering Technologies geomechanical services include:
- Building the model of the mechanical properties of the field/part of the field using evaluation wells. Mechanical properties model includes profile of elasto-mechanical properties, pressures and tensions profiles.
- Modelling for planned wells - building the mechanical properties model and the wellbore stability model.
- Development of well drilling risks maps and preparation of recommendations for their elimination and mitigation
- Prediction of abnormally high pore pressure zones, building pore pressure profiles and frac gradients
- Optimization of well trajectory (from the point of view of geological objectives, drainage area, well geometry) and well design
- Casing strings and completion equipment tripping in calculation:
- load analysis (weight on hook) depending on the depth of the string during the equipment tripping in and out,
- calculation of the cumulative tensile and compressive loads which are present in the string cross-section,
- defining the intervals of stability loss (sinusoidal and helicoidal), which lead to high risk of equipment sticking and incomplete tripping of the assembly, as well as defining the string setting depth,
- analysis of loads and rotating torque during the tripping in the casing string with rotation, depending on the speed of tripping and the speed of the equipment rotation.
- Selecting optimal effective technology and assembly for drilling and measurements, taking into account the geological objectives of the Customer
- Evaluation of the well construction timeline reduction possibility
- Preparation / update of the geological and engineering program for well construction based on the analysis of the well bore drillability
- Preparation of the input information for services for cementation, drilling fluids for drawing up correct corresponding programs
- Defining the optimal specific gravity of the drilling fluid for safe drilling (based on the formation pressure gradients, start of circulation loss and fracturing of formation)
- Defining the casing setting depth points taking into account “safe” window, providing absence of areas incompatible with drilling
- Defining the speed limits of tripping to minimize the effects of swabbing and pigging, which is the integral part of the drilling program
Calculation of the maximum allowed equivalent circulating density for excluding the risks of circulation losses and fracturing.