Geosteering Technologies provides the services for training users to operate the software package “Geonaft”. The training course includes the basics of geosteering.
Duration: 25 hours.
Location of training: St. Petersburg
The number of students in a group: 5-8 people.
Target Audience: geologists and specialists for supporting geological drilling.
Course methodology: The course includes lectures, subject presentation facility, author’s best practice and a large number of practical tasks.
The course content: see the attached file "The detailed course content".
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- have a basic knowledge of the horizontal wells construction and horizontal wells sidetracking;
- get in-depth knowledge of the geological support for drilling process;
- be able to compile an optimal list of required GIS (geo-physical well logging) and prepare an original geonavigation model;
- be able to set up a joint operation of the software involved in geo-steering;
- get a thorough understanding of the principles of constructing and interpreting the azimuthal data (including images);
- master the modern geonavigation techniques and will know their strengths and weaknesses and the best application of each of them;
- be able to conduct geosteering beginning from the initial stage to the process of the decisions effectiveness assessment;
- have skills in operating all modules of Geonaft software.